Comments

  1. The environment painting doesn't seem altogether unified to me. It seems like there's an ambient cool light hitting the whole thing, but spots of warm. The eye is drawn to many different spots instead of being directed to one. The grey blur in the background seems like an excuse from rendering some more trees/shapes and I wonder if you could pull in some shapes as it goes back into the fog. Also, it seems like you're alternating styles between using line and rendering the full form. I would pick one way to do that and keep it unified throughout the painting, or find a way to merge them more seamlessly. I also think if you did an overlay layer with a unifying color, it might help merge a lot of the problems since the color palette seems somewhat random. Last, the bottle construction feels really drawn. I would work on the perspective on the ellipses that make up the bottle, or render it in 3D, then paint over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, with good color harmony, appealing shapes, and use of light & atmosphere. It might be better if the composition were less symmetrical—not having the pathway quite so much in the center. And a little more well-placed indications of texture would be a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts